Information Collected by Accion and How We Use It
Examples of personal information that we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, zip/postal codes, mailing address and phone number;
- Donation information, such as amounts contributed;
- Employment information, such as previous positions, employment history, academic record, awards, membership in professional organizations and other screening and due diligence information;
- Communications data, including information provided by you about your subscription preferences; user data and usage information collected by our website, such as IP address, date and time of access, location, technical data and other information regarding your visit and use of our website;
- Survey data, if you choose to participate in an assessment carried out by Accion, such as your responses, business, region, experience with financial services.
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes and activities, such as: to establish a relationship with you, send you periodic communications with information about our organization, programs and services or general financial inclusion developments; to process donations; to support Accion’s charitable fundraising efforts; to manage event registration and participation; to respond to and evaluate job or volunteer applicants; to analyze and improve our website and our communications; to carry out Accion’s programmatic activities; to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and to respond to your requests or inquiries.
We may further use your personal information for Accion’s legitimate interests, provided that your fundamental rights and freedoms do not outweigh that interest; or where you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time. Our legitimate interest in processing your data is to promote and support our work to create a financially inclusive world.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
As with many other internet sites, we collect certain information in the form of “cookies” to understand how users use our website.
- Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on a visitor’s web browser. Cookies may be used to gather information including the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address, that will help us personalize your experience on our website and to customize and improve the content and layout. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings or use the consent tool provided on our website to refuse, restrict or accept cookies if you prefer.
- Our website uses social media pixels to allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website.
- We use Google Analytics and other third party plug-ins to tailor our content to our visitors. For more information about how Google Analytics uses your information, please consult Google’s Privacy and Terms. You can always opt-out of Google Analytics cookies through Google’s opt-out page.
Our marketing platform, Engaging Networks, provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us through a special Email Subscriptions / Preferences form linked at the bottom of email messages you receive from Accion. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all.
Security and Online Donations
We have adopted a risk-based approach to physical, administrative, and technical security measures to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your personal information. You should be aware, however, that no transmission of data over the Internet is fully secure and provide us with this information at your own risk.
For your online security, we use a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant Level 1 Service Provider to process online donations pursuant to the highest industry standards and guidelines for PCI compliance. Please refer to the “Third-Party Sites” section below for more information. Independent external audits are conducted to ensure the privacy, security and appropriate processing of your payment information. No online credit or debit card information is received or processed directly by Accion.
If you have any questions regarding the security of your credit or debit card donation online, please email us at email@example.com.
Sharing Your Information
Rights Regarding Your Information
You may request access to, correction or deletion of your personal information held by Accion. We will consider any such request seriously and promptly, although we may choose not to delete information where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, or we otherwise have a legitimate interest to retain the data. You may also have rights to restrict or to object to processing of your data and to portability of your data to other service providers. You may exercise any of these rights by contacting us as described below.
Retention of Information
We keep personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or until consent to hold the data is revoked, provided that there is no other basis for us to hold the information, such as to comply with our legal obligations, protect and defend Accion against legal claims, or it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it.
Use of Links
Throughout our website, we provide links to other servers which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organizations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on other servers.
Creating a text link from your website to our site does not require permission. If you have a link you’d like us to consider adding to our website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Link request.”
The contents of the website, including, but not limited to any information, news, articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips (collectively “Content”), are intended for your personal and noncommercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact without alteration. All Content, trademarks, service marks and logos published on the website are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, and owned or controlled by Accion, its affiliates, licensees, or the party credited as the provider of the Content.
You may not modify or transfer the Content, or otherwise make use of the Content for any purpose, without Accion’s and/or the other respective owner’s prior written permission, except as expressly permitted on the website.
This website and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis for general information purposes and should not be used as a substitute for any form of advice. You agree that use of this website or the Content is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Accion and its affiliates disclaim all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Although Accion attempts to provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information, it makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to whether the Content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, please send your request to email@example.com. The use of our logo, images, texts and related materials is protected and requires permission. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the photo or page.
This website is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities, and to comply with federal guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the website more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids and Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information. If you are under the age of 13 please ask a parent or legal guardian for assistance when using www.accion.org and do not submit any personally identifiable information to us unless you have your parent or guardian’s permission. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Last Updated October 2023