Accion's Financial Information
MicroBike raises money for Accion's microfinance programs, which empower individuals around the world in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the United States.
Our commitment to our donors: we are committed to minimizing our administrative and fundraising expenses, and we have consistently kept these expenses at a level below 30 percent of our total costs. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, we receive funding from both public and private sources.
Resources for you to explore:
- Check out our Annual Reports- they're full of information on our programs, including program progress updates, client stories and financial information (and they're gorgeous, thanks to our Communications team!) 2010 2009 2008 More Annual Reports >
- Take a look at the list of Accion's major private and public donors and our projects with them.
For a more in-depth look at our financials:
- Read our 2010 990 form- an annual reporting return that federally tax-exempt organizations based in the United States are required to file with the Internal Revenue Service. (PDF)
- Explore our 2010 & 2009 Audited Financial Statements- each year we are audited by an independent, certified public accountant. In 2010 and 2009, Grant Thorton, LLP conducted the audits. (PDF)
2010 Revenues & Expenses
- In 2010, we raised more than US$9 million from corporations, foundations, public institutions and donors like YOU.
- Donations of any size make our work possible, whether it's $1 million from a foundation or $5 from an individual, our programs benefit from every dollar we raise. Wondering what impact $25, $50 or $100 can make? Take a look >
- Where does the rest of our money come from? In 2010, 52% of our revenue came from a variety of activities, including investments in microfinance institutions (MFIs), management support and training programs fees. All these activities make the MFIs we work with stronger and more capable of serving more people.
Our program activities make up 73% of our costs. We reach millions of people around the world through our strategy to:
- Build the next generation of MFIs to reach more clients.
- Develop quality management and governance to ensure MFIs run high-quality microfinance programs.
- Invest in MFIs and innovations to create better financial services.
- Build a strong microfinance industry with high standards to protect clients and give them access to the best services available. Read more about our strategy here >
- The rest of our costs are fundraising and administration expenses, which made up 27% of our total expenses in 2010.
© Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.