How MicroBike Works
Join us the weekend of September 22nd-23rd for MicroBike 2012!
MicroBike is Accion's annual biking event- participants form their own teams, raise money for Accion and ride in their communities worldwide. Here's how to get started:
Register with us.
When you register for MicroBike 2012, a portion of your registration fee is a donation to Accion. We'll send you a MicroBike 2012 t-shirt to wear the day of your ride. We offer two registration rates for MicroBike: $50 for corporate employees, $25 for non-profit employees & students.
Starting in May, there are several ways for you and your teammates to get involved in MicroBike:
- Join a team and help reach your team's fundraising goal.
- Volunteer to support a team- there's plenty of ways to get involved without getting on a bike.
- Captain a team of friends, family and/or coworkers.
- Organize teams at your workplace or in your community.
- Become a corporate partner by sponsoring MicroBike with a monetary or in-kind donation.
Every dollar you raise makes a difference! Fundraising is fun and easy- and we have plenty of tips to help you out.
- Learn how to fundraise, and have fun doing it.
- Check out our impact- every dollar you raise makes a difference in the lives of hard-working entrepreneurs.
- Earn fundraising prizes for raising $150, $500, $1,000 or $10,000!
Spread the word.
Get the word out about MicroBike to get people involved and raise awareness about our microfinance programs around the world. Read on to get more tips on recruiting and awareness raising >
Design a biking route.
- Check out our route planning tools. (Coming soon!)
- Tips from past participants. (Coming soon!)
Ride the weekend of September 22nd and 23rd!
Get all your questions answered, check out these MicroBike FAQs >
© Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.