Please note: we are not accepting applications for the Ambassador Program at this time.
- At least 21 years of age and a university graduate
- Fluency in the local language of assignment*
- Demonstrated ability to tell a story through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Ability to participate in the mandatory training session
- Ability to commit to an assignment for a minimum of two weeks
- Ability to cover all travel and living expenses during the course of the program
*All Ambassadors must be able to communicate fluently in the language in which the partner institution conducts its business. In Latin America, all partners conduct their business in Spanish, and therefore Spanish fluency is a firm requirement. In parts of India and Africa, English is the language in which business in conducted, and for those placements, beginner/intermediate local languages are an asset, but not required. Placements in Francophone Africa require fluency in French, and fluent Hindi is required for one of our partners in Northern India.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Overseas travel and/or living experience, preferably in a developing country
- Photography and video editing skills
- Interest in microfinance, economic development, and/or social entrepreneurship
- Flexibility, humility, and cultural sensitivity
- Send us a current resume
- A cover letter of about 600 words to discuss your skills and interest in the program. Please include a paragraph or two in your cover letter to describe your experience with social media and your comfort level with content creation (blogging, photography, video, etc.)
- A writing sample (preferably a blog post or published article, but can be anything that showcases your writing ability) no longer than 1,000 words (college papers will not be accepted)
- Exceptional candidates will be invited to have a phone interview and possible subsequent interviews with host institution before final selection.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions or e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org